Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Jewelry Ideas

So one of the very first pieces of jewelry I made was a necklace patterened after one that I found in a department store and thought it ridiculous as to how high the cost was. So i firgured it wouldn't be that hard to recreate to my liking. I thought it turned out ok:


Since making this necklace I have learned many new thing. What beads can and cannot be placed in the same piece, everything doesn't have to be even, what materials to use and what ones will fall apart on you. I mostly enjoy making earrings the most. These are some of the first ones that I have made:




I made these for my Aunt Heather to match her Max Muscle Store colors. I had some fun trying to figure out a way to be playful, yet still look somewhat professional. I am not quite sure thats what happened but we both liked the way they turned out.

When first making bracelets at first I was skeptical because they all looked the same. Many of the first ones made I ended up cutting them apart and reusing the beads elsewhere. Finally after many attempts and some research I decided sometimes the simple patterns can be the most beautiful. This bracelet is one that is made with simple plastic pearls, but when you get it in the right light it they look like they could be real! This is from just a handful of gold accented jewelry I have made. Personally I love silver and rarelly wear gold but I would sure wear this one.

No comments: