Friday, September 11, 2009

More Wire Jewelry

A few days ago I blogged about some wire earrings that I made. Staying with the same theme I decided to see what it would look like to make if I took the basic design of the bent wire and added bigger beads to make a bracelet. I decided to go for it and this is what I came up with:


I love how it turned out. The greatest part was I finally used these beautiful blue beads for something I really liked. I had made a couple of different pieces of jewelry with them before I decided to use them in this bracelet and ended up taking the others apart. I found them at Michaels on sale for a great price but just couldn't figure out what to do with them. So, all in all I am very pleased with how this bracelet turned out. I like it so much that I decided to try and make a pair of earrings to match. I am still trying to figure out if I like them, they are a bit different from what I have made in the past, still cute, but different. Here they are:

So I need your opinions to help me figure out if these should stay or if I should try something new with them? I really value your opinions and learn from what I have done to try and make what is better and more beautiful. Thanks for supporting me in my little adventure.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow! You have been making some beautiful stuff. I should be taking lessons from you. I think those earrings and bracelet are cute. I also love your pink and silver watch. Beautiful! Not to mention that black and green necklace on your flickr account. Love that! So cute Ash. Way to go!

Kristin said...

Ashely this is Kristin Mel's sister and your jewelry is very beautiful. I didn't know that you made jewelry. I have a question, when you bend your wire what do you use and how do you bend it without it looking all scratched and scuffed up? Mine does and I don't like it.

Ashers said...

Kristin, I just try to make the bend in as little moves as possible, I use round nose pliers, measure what I size i want and start bending. I have been looking to get some round nose that are coated in a rubber compound that is supposed to stop scratching. Hope that helps.

Kristin said...

Thanks Ashley. I didn't even know there were rubber coated pliers. Your stuff really is beautiful! I love the wire earrings they are so unique and fun. Tell your family hi for me.